The HANNAH Objectives, are:
- to promote Jewish life and contribute to better understanding of Jewish traditions, the history and contribution of Jewish people in Europe before and after the Shoah, with a focus on local contexts of Dresden, Hamburg, Athens, Thessaloniki, Novi Sad and Krakow, and research.
- to foster knowledge and education about the Shoah for schoolteachers, librarians, archivists and young people, and develop new forms of remembrance in the light of dwindling knowledge about the Holocaust.
Expected results of the HANNAH project are:
- increased capacity, knowledge, skills and competencies of stakeholders and relevant professionals to combat antisemitism, through capacity-building training and strengthened multi-agency cooperation;
- increased knowledge and awareness as regards antisemitism among the general population and in particular, schoolteachers, librarians, archivists, young persons and policy makers
- better understanding of Jewish traditions, the history and contribution of Jewish people in Dresden, Hamburg, Athens, Thessaloniki, Novi Sad and Krakow, before and after the Shoah
- increased knowledge and enhanced remembrance of the Shoah